Frequently asked questions
- How often will I see my managing agent?
- Preside believes you should have frequent contact with and access to your property manager. That is why we set up regular surgeries and conduct a thorough inspection at all our managed properties so that you can meet your property manager personally and get a speedy resolution to issues. In addition, we have invested in the latest client communication software to ensure that we keep you informed in the most effective manner via telephone, email or SMS text messaging.
- Is our service charge money safe?
- Preside place all client funds with Coutts & Co. in separate designated trust accounts, in accordance with the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002. All client accounts are protected under the FSA scheme for the first £50,000. Preside are registered and regulated by the FSA and we carry professional indemnity insurance covering up to £5,000,000. We also adhere to the ARMA and RICS codes of conduct.
- as a client, How can I obtain financial information about our building?
- In the first instance, you can view your property account on-line* via our secure client login area of the website. Here you can view and download information relating to your property including expenditure reports, budget and variance report, balance sheets and Profit & Loss account, leaseholder details and arrears. If the query is more complex, you can contact your dedicated accounts manager who will be well informed about your building and its needs.
- As a lessee, how can I find out information about my building?
- Preside has a state of the art on-line* package for clients and lessees which is updated on a daily basis. Your building will have its own notice board with important information and downloads. This can be accessed via our secure client login area of the website.
- How can I pay my service charges?
- We accept payment via cash, cheque, electronic bank transfer, on-line* and Direct Debit. Keeping the service charge well funded is important for the well-being of your building and Preside understand that some leaseholders may experience payment difficulties from time-to-time. If this is the case, please contact your dedicated accounts manager to discuss possible payment options available to you.
- We’re thinking of changing managing agents to Preside, how quickly can you take over?
- Immediately. Our systems are such that we start managing your building as soon as you instruct us. However, obtaining detailed information regarding your account and building history is dependent on the efficiency of the outgoing agent. Once we receive this information, we conduct a financial health check and establish opening balances and update our systems accordingly.
- Do you have a panel of contractors to choose from?
- We have a comprehensive panel of contractors for our clients to use and we encourage our clients to nominate any preferred contractor. Please note that all our contractors are independent and have been tried and tested over many years of business. We have a stringent selection criterion which requires all contractors to provide relevant insurance and to adhere to current H&S guidelines. All our contractors are closely evaluated to ensure they provide our clients the very highest standards of workmanship and cost effectiveness.
- what are your company details?
- Managed Properties Limited trading as Preside registered in England and Wales: 06601810.
Registered office: One Hinde Street, London W1U 2AY
Financial Services Authority (FSA) registration: 509817
Data Protection Act (DPA) registration: Z187260X
*on-line services due to launch 2011